Assam Flood: Due to incessant rains in the northeastern states, there is an uproar in Assam (Assam Rain Update) and Meghalaya. Hundreds of villages are in the grip of flood due to rising water level in rivers. The public life of the people has been completely disturbed. Due to incessant rains, heavy water-logging has occurred in most parts of the city, officials said.
Read 10 big things related to floods in Assam…
- Due to incessant rains, at least 11 lakh people have been affected by floods in 25 districts of Assam, with the newly formed Bajali district being the worst affected. Officials said that the water level in many areas including Manas, Pagaladiya, Puthimari, Kopili, Gaurang and Brahmaputra rivers were flowing above the danger mark at many places. Hectare of crop land has been submerged. According to the state government data, at present 1,510 villages under 72 revenue divisions have been submerged. Don’t leave He said that the general public should try to stay at home unless it is very important or there is a medical emergency.
- Water logging in most parts due to the third consecutive day of rain in Guwahati, the capital of Assam. It is done. Several landslides have also occurred in Guwahati city, in which three people have been injured in Ajantanagar in Noonmati area.
- A part of a bridge in Subankhata area due to incessant rains and rising water level of Dihing river in Baksa district on Wednesday. At least six trains have been canceled after water logging on the tracks between Nalbari and Ghograpar of Rangiya division of Assam, according to an official.
- In floods To help the stranded people, Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor and director Rohit Shetty have contributed 5 lakhs to the CM Relief Fund. Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma gave this information through a tweet and thanked him for his help.
- A boat carrying four people capsized in Jia Bhoroli river in Sonitpur district of Assam, in which One person went missing. Three people were rescued, but the fourth person could not be traced, a district official said.
- Several rivers in Assam are flowing above the danger mark, including Nimtighat and the Brahmaputra in Dhubri. , Kopili in Nagaon, Puthimari in Kamrup, Pagaladiya in Nalbari, Manas in Barpeta and Beki river. This information has been given in a bulletin issued by the Central Water Commission (CWC). Heavy erosion has been reported from districts like Bongaigaon, Dibrugarh, Goalpara, Kamrup, Kokrajhar, Morigaon, Nalbari, Sonitpur and South Salmara.
- The current flood situation has affected 1,702 villages, resulting in 68 More than a thousand people have had to take shelter in 150 relief camps. Apart from this, 46 relief centers have been opened for distribution of food and medicine at various places. Volunteers from NDRF, SDRF, Fire and Emergency Services, Police and ASDMA are carrying out evacuation operations in the affected areas on a war footing.